By volunteering at this premier space industry event, you help support our vision in Advocating for Innovation. Bettering Life on Earth. As a nonprofit organization, Space Foundation relies heavily on volunteer support at our events and is grateful for your time and talents.
To be a volunteer at Space Symposium, you must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old by April 1, 2023
- Dress in accordance with our Business Attire dress code
- Provide two or more references if you are new volunteer
- Understand that the volunteer program manager will evaluate your skills and preferences to place you in the best role
- Out-of-town volunteers: please contact the volunteer program manager to discuss the possibility of volunteering with capacity and training/orientations
Please note: There may be additional requirements based on a particular job or activity.
To show our gratitude, volunteer benefits for Symposium include:
- Volunteers who complete one shift will be able to tour the exhibit halls one time during the week of Space Symposium. This can be the same day as your shift, or a day after your shift too. The exhibit hall volunteer tour days are Tuesday–Thursday while the exhibit halls are open. This does not include Monday evening.
- Volunteers will have access to the volunteer lounge with very light snacks and beverages. You will receive a thank you gift for volunteering. If you would like us to send a note to a supervisor or commander with a note of your volunteer efforts, we are happy to do so.
- Volunteers who work two more shifts will be able to tour the exhibit halls, again, Tuesday–Thursday while the exhibit halls are open. This does not include Monday evening. Two or more shifts will also provide you access to a speaker session of your choosing for in-person on Wednesday or Thursday. You may pick more than one session on Wednesday and/or Thursday. If you volunteer two or more shifts, we will also send you the virtual link so you may see the speaker session on Tuesday. Due to the popularity of the Tuesday sessions, we do not have enough room to permit volunteers to attend that session in-person.
- For those volunteering two or more shifts during Symposium, we will also provide you a meal ticket for the concession counters in the exhibit hall.
We hope you find benefit in the opportunity to support the premier gathering of the global space ecosystem.